Personality quizzes help HR teams learn about employees’ preferences in collaboration, feedback, information processing, and more.
Before starting your next project, you may want to get to know your team better. In this article, we will introduce some of the best personality tests to learn about them.
When you’re a member of a team in your workplace, you’re likely dealing with various personalities, beliefs, and behaviors. If you’re working with a team you don’t know well, it might be helpful to have everyone do a personality assessment. You can do it before starting the next project.
Sharing the results of these assessments can help everyone identify the best individuals for the projects the group is working on. Clear behaviors, perspectives, and attitudes improve team communication and productivity by enhancing understanding among team members.
How HR team use personality quizzes to create more effective teams?
You can utilize personality tests to improve your teams and prepare for better-performing projects in the following ways:
- Identify strengths: Discover each team member’s personality qualities in order to identify their strengths and areas of skills.
- Role allocation: Assign tasks that match individual personalities to maximize interest and performance.
- Communication styles: Adapt communication strategies to different personalities in order to improve efficiency and trust.
- Collaborative pairings: You combine personalities for effective teamwork and creative problem-solving.
- Leadership style: Select a team leader with a personality that fits the team dynamics and goals.
- Work environment: Customize the work environment to provide various comfort levels and preferences.
- Goal setting: Set collective and individual goals that align with each team member’s personality traits.
- Learning approaches: Optimize training methods by connecting them to suit different learning styles within the team.
How to create an online personality quiz
Learn how to create a personality quiz with variables, logic, and calculation. Customize your personality test, and improve marketing research and lead generation.
5 top personality tests to improve team efficiency and strengthen collaboration
Here are 5 personality quizzes that give special insights into team members’ traits, communication styles, and strengths.
1- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
The Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is a self-report inventory designed to identify a person’s personality type, strengths, and preferences.
The result of an MBTI quiz reveals a four-letter personality type, each letter representing a preference in four dichotomies: Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I), Sensing (S) or Intuition (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P). Preferences define how a person thinks, acts, and makes choices. They show how someone interacts with the world and processes information.
2-The big five personality traits
The Big Five personality test uses the acronym OCEAN to highlight the dimensions it measures:
- Openness to experience: Individuals with high scores in this trait are curious about everything and are willing to try new things. They enjoy creative activities and tend to explore alternative or unconventional ideas.
- Conscientiousness: Individuals with high conscientiousness scores pay attention to details and are organized and structured. They are planners and tend to be task-oriented.
- Extraversion: Individuals with high scores in extraversion respond positively to external stimuli. They are comfortable in large groups and situations with a lot of activity happening.
- Agreeableness: Individuals with high agreeableness scores are willing to do whatever it takes to maintain peace and harmony. They are known for their patience and patience and are often willing to be selfless.
- Neuroticism: High neuroticism can lead to aggressive, paranoid, or depressed behavior and affect a person’s outlook on life.
The Big Five model tries to understand a person’s personality and how they act and make choices in different situations.
Mini MBTI quiz
Personality Quiz template
Visual personality test
Reviewing your team’s results helps you understand why members act a certain way and learn about their strengths and weaknesses. Team members learn how to assign tasks, communicate better, and be more considerate by reviewing each other’s results.
3-The Enneagram personality test
The Enneagram is a way to understand how people handle their emotions and view the world. It categorizes people into 9 different types.
- The reformer: Rational, idealistic, principled
- The helper: Caring, generous, people-pleasing
- The achiever: Ambitious, adaptive, image-conscious
- The individualist: Expressive, Sensitive, Creative
- The investigator: Perceptive, analytical, private
- The loyalist: Committed, security-oriented, responsible
- The enthusiast: Spontaneous, versatile, scattered
- The challenger: Self-confident, decisive, assertive
- The peacemaker: Easygoing, receptive, agreeable
The test results display personality types on a 9-point diagram, showing the relationships between different types. Each personality type is described by an individual basic belief about how the world works in the Enneagram. The outcomes may make clear what drives you and informs your deepest concerns.
4-Color personality test
The color assessment identifies the color that represents what you do and why you do it. This assessment provides insights into valuable and meaningful aspects of what drives you and your team members. The assessment consists of two parts:
- Strengths and Limitations: Choose one adjective that describes you from a list of four out of 30 traits.
- Situations: This part has 15 situations. It asks how you would react as a child and then you pick one of four scenarios.
The assessment results will reveal which color matches your score. The colors are yellow, white, blue, and red, each providing an explanation about your color score:
- Yellow: Needs attention and enjoys it. They love being lively, positive, socially connected, and enjoying life.
- White: Needs acceptance and should be treated kindly. They are logical, considerate of others, and objective.
- Blue: Needs honesty and deserves appreciation. They focus on building strong relationships and quality.
- Red: Needs to be technically good, behave correctly, and command respect. They love challenges and are strong leaders.
These results can help you understand what motivates your team members. When team members know each other’s colors, they understand their teammates better, which improves communication and team productivity. Once you understand your team’s motivations, you may be interested in learning about the four productivity styles. Additionally, it is important to know how to recognize your own style.
5-DISC personality quiz
DiSC is a personality assessment tool that is used by over a million people annually. Utilizing this assessment with employees within a company can enhance productivity, teamwork, and workplace communication. DiSC stands for Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness, which represent the four primary personality profiles:
- Individuals with high Dominance scores are confident and emphasize results.
- Individuals with high Influence scores are outgoing and emphasize relationships and influencing or persuading others.
- Individuals with high Steadiness scores are dependable and stress sincerity and collaboration.
- Individuals with high Conscientiousness scores emphasize competence, expertise, accuracy, and quality.
The DiSC assessment helps you understand what you need to succeed, improve relationships with colleagues, and communicate better one-on-one. If you’re not sure about your career, you can find your life purpose by taking online assessments. It can be helpful.
Empower your team; Elevate team performance through personalized insights
Group personality tests can help team managers understand their team members’ personalities. These tests provide insights into the personalities of colleagues, allowing managers to gain a better understanding of them. Identifying the personality types of coworkers aids managers in making more informed decisions and effectively managing their teams.
If you are an HR manager or lead a group of individuals, familiarizing yourself with the personality traits and skills of team members helps you allocate tasks and responsibilities with greater insight and increase employee retention or hiring process. Personality tests show skills and suitability for tasks, helping with employee engagement and the onboarding process.
Personality tests help you and your colleagues work better together by understanding each other’s strengths and weaknesses. This knowledge allows you to use the right strategies for success in group tasks.
Ready to revolutionize your team dynamics? Sign up for free on Formaloo and experience the impact of customized personality quizzes.