Asking the right questions in feedback surveys is the key to understanding user feelings. You can gain valuable insights into your decision-making. So, you can create good change by adding key questions on satisfaction, usability, design, support, and value.
In this article, we’ll look at the key questions to include in feedback surveys to gather valuable data. Take action to increase user satisfaction and improve your product.
Remember that feedback surveys are an ongoing process. Analyzing the collected data allows you to adapt your product to meet your users’ ever-changing needs.
You can use our free drag-and-drop survey creator to start collecting responses at once. Add your own questions, set up conditional logic, and share your customized survey online. Or use one of our 200+ templates and customize it.
What is a feedback survey?
Feedback surveys are organized questionnaires to collect feedback from individuals or groups about a particular product or service.
Organizations, businesses, and researchers use surveys to collect valuable insights from their target audience.
How to create beautiful online surveys
If you want to gain insights and collect feedback to improve your business, a survey is the easiest way. Customize the look and feel of your surveys, and collect the data you need from the answers.
Feedback survey forms often include a series of questions or remarks relevant to the specific topic or area of interest. The questions can be open-ended, multiple-choice, Likert scale, rating scales, or a mix of these formats. Meanwhile, respondents can answer based on their own personal experiences, preferences, or opinions.
Learn more about all kinds of features and fields you can use in your survey in Formaloo.
Essential advantages of feedback surveys
Here are some of the benefits of feedback and questionnaires. In other words, the importance of improving your success:
- Valuable insights: Feedback surveys offer insightful information about users’ opinions, preferences, and experiences. As a result, they enable companies to understand their customers better and make wise decisions based on the data collected.
- User satisfaction: Businesses can identify areas where the users may be dissatisfied or facing challenges by asking for feedback through surveys.
- Product/Service improvement: Feedback surveys serve as a valuable tool for identifying areas of improvement in products. So they can address weaknesses and refine their offerings.
- Customer engagement: Involving clients in the feedback process through surveys shows that you appreciate their opinions. So this encourages customer interaction and involvement, making them feel more connected to the business.
- Decision–making support: Feedback surveys provide data-driven insights that support decision-making processes. So, businesses can make more informed decisions about new features, updates, or strategic directions by understanding customer preferences, needs, and expectations,
- Competitive advantage: Businesses can understand how to compare customer satisfaction, product features, or service quality to competitors. This way, they can use this knowledge to improve their offerings.
- User–centric approach: Feedback surveys help to promote a user-centric approach by allowing companies to customize their products. Meanwhile, this results in personalized and satisfying user experiences.
- Customer loyalty: You can increase customers’ loyalty by engaging them through feedback surveys. Show appreciation for your clients’ opinions by involving them in the feedback process via surveys.
- Continuous improvement: Feedback surveys create a continual improvement cycle. Businesses can improve their offers and remain ahead of changing client needs.
Post-event feedback survey
Customer satisfaction survey
Rate & review form template
You must have a reason to launch a survey before you start. So think ahead, determine what information you need from your customers, then design your survey around it.
Let’s start with the most common questions you can use in your survey.
Top 10 common feedback survey questions
Here are ten good customer feedback questions we suggest you use. So you can better understand your consumers and their requirements.
- Overall satisfaction: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with our service/product/website?
- Ease of use: How effortless was it to navigate/use our service/product/website?
- Website design: How visually appealing and user-friendly is our service/product/website?
- Performance: Did our service/product meet your expectations in terms of speed and responsiveness?
- Features and functionality: Did our service/product/website offer the needed features and functionality?
- Customer support: How satisfied are you with the level of support provided by our team?
- Improvement suggestions: Are there any specific areas where we can improve our service/product/website?
- Value for money: Do you feel that our service/product/website provides good value for the price?
- Competitive advantage: How does our service/product/website compare to similar offerings in the market?
- Likelihood to recommend: On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend our service/product/website to others?
Post-graduation career outcome
Student feedback survey template
To get you started right away, let’s discuss the top questions for different use cases that brands commonly utilize. We have also explained when and how to use each question.
Customer satisfaction surveys
These questions help quantify customer happiness while evaluating specific aspects of their experience. They also allow you to find areas of strength that may require improvement.
- Overall satisfaction: How satisfied are you with our service/product/website?
- Customer service experience: How would you rate the quality of service you received from our team?
- Timeliness: Were your needs and inquiries addressed promptly?
- Product/service quality: How would you rate the quality and performance of our product/service?
- Problem resolution: Were your issues or concerns resolved to your satisfaction?
- Communication: How effectively did we communicate with you throughout your experience?
- Customer loyalty: How likely are you to continue using our service/product in the future?
- Convenience: How convenient and accessible was our service/product/website?
- Personalization: Did we personalize our service/product to meet your needs?
- Feedback application: Do you feel we listen to and apply customer feedback on our improvements?
Employee feedback surveys
Using these questions, you may learn more about employee engagement, contentment, and any potential problem areas. Employers can use employee feedback surveys to understand employee viewpoints and measure employee engagement.
- Job satisfaction: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your current role and responsibilities?
- Work environment: How would you describe the overall work environment regarding collaboration, support, and camaraderie?
- Communication: How effectively does the management team communicate with employees regarding company updates and decisions?
- Training and development: Have you received adequate training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career?
- Performance feedback: How frequently do you receive constructive feedback on your performance and goals?
- Work-life balance: Do you feel that the company supports your work-life balance adequately?
- Recognition and rewards: Do you feel recognized and appreciated for your contributions and achievements?
- Career growth opportunities: Are there clear pathways for career advancement within the organization?
- Employee engagement: How engaged do you feel with your work and the overall mission of the company?
- Feedback culture: Do you feel encouraged to provide feedback and suggestions to improve the work environment and processes?
Event feedback surveys
With the help of these questions, event planners can get feedback on the event’s planning, content, setting, and attendee experience. Above all, you can use the responses to figure out areas of strength and improvement to improve future events.
- Overall satisfaction: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied were you with the event?
- Event organization: How well-organized was the event in terms of logistics, scheduling, and communication?
- Venue and facilities: How would you rate the venue and its facilities? Think of it in terms of comfort, accessibility, and usefulness for the event.
- Content and presentations: Did the event content and presentations meet your expectations and provide value?
- Networking opportunities: Did you have sufficient opportunities to network and connect with other attendees?
- Event flow and pacing: How would you rate the flow and pacing of the event program?
- Speaker effectiveness: How engaging and knowledgeable were the event speakers?
- Attendee experience: Did you feel included and welcomed as an attendee?
- Registration and check-in process: How efficient and smooth was the registration and check-in process?
- Suggestions for improvement: Are there any specific areas where we can improve future events to meet your needs and expectations better?
Training evaluation surveys
These questions help in determining the success of training programs and their impact on the learning and development of participants. They give information about the quality of training content, delivery, resources, and overall participant satisfaction. These allow trainers and organizers to make improvements and adjust future training programs to match the needs of participants.
- Training content: How relevant and valuable was the training content to your role and professional development?
- Training objectives: To what extent were the training objectives clearly communicated and met during the training program?
- Trainer effectiveness: How effective was the trainer in delivering the content and boosting the training sessions?
- Learning materials and resources: How useful were the provided materials and resources in supporting your learning during the training?
- Training delivery: How well-paced and engaging was the training delivery?
- Knowledge application: How confident are you in using the knowledge and skills learned from the training in your work?
- Engagement: How interactive and engaging were the training activities and exercises?
- Training environment: How conducive was the training environment to learning and participation?
- Feedback and support: Did you receive timely and constructive feedback and support during the training?
- Overall training experience: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied were you with the overall training experience?
Employee engagement surveys
These questions aim at several areas of employee engagement, such as business alignment, growth possibilities, recognition, connections, and work-life balance. Most importantly, they provide vital insights into the overall employee experience and help to improve employee engagement, motivation, and satisfaction.
- Alignment with company mission and values: Do you feel that your work aligns with the company’s mission and values?
- Opportunities for growth and development: Do you believe that there are sufficient opportunities for career growth and development within the organization?
- Recognition and appreciation: Do you feel recognized and appreciated for your contributions and efforts at work?
- Relationship with colleagues: How would you describe the level of collaboration and teamwork among colleagues?
- Feedback and communication: Do you feel that there is open and effective communication channels for providing feedback and sharing ideas?
- Work-life balance: Do you feel that the company supports a healthy work-life balance for employees?
- Empowerment and autonomy: Do you have the autonomy and authority to make decisions related to your work?
- Trust in leadership: How much trust and confidence do you have in the leadership of the organization?
- Employee well-being: Do you believe that the company values and supports your overall well-being?
- Overall job satisfaction: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your job and the organization as a whole?
Social media surveys
These questions will help you discover your customers’ social media choices, interactions with brand content, and overall satisfaction. Above all, the responses can help organizations optimize their social media strategies and improve content production and customer engagement.
- Social media platform preference: Which social media platforms do you primarily use?
- Frequency of social media usage: How often do you use social media on a daily basis?
- Preferred content type: What type of content do you enjoy seeing the most on social media? (e.g., articles, images, videos, infographics)
- Engagement with brand content: Have you interacted or engaged with any of our brand’s social media posts in the last month?
- Social media advertising: How do you feel about the advertisements you encounter on social media? (e.g., relevant, intrusive, informative)
- Following brand accounts: Do you follow or subscribe to our brand’s social media accounts?
- Content sharing: Have you ever shared our brand’s content on your own social media channels?
- Social media customer service: Have you ever reached out to our brand for customer support or inquiries through social media channels?
- Influencer marketing: Are you influenced by social media influencers when making purchasing decisions?
- Overall social media experience: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your overall social media platform experience?
Employee engagement survey
Course feedback survey
Leadership evaluation form
Volunteer feedback surveys
These questions allow you to evaluate your volunteer experience, satisfaction, impact, and areas for improvement. They also discuss the effectiveness of the volunteers’ program, their participation, and ideas to improve the volunteer experience.
- Volunteer experience: How would you rate your overall experience as a volunteer with our organization?
- Volunteer role satisfaction: On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied were you with the volunteer role you performed?
- Training and support: Did you receive adequate training and support to perform your volunteer duties effectively?
- Organization and communication: How well-organized and effective was the communication from the organization regarding volunteer opportunities and activities?
- Impact and contribution: Do you feel that your volunteer work made a meaningful impact and contributed to our mission?
- Teamwork and collaboration: How would you rate the level of teamwork and collaboration among volunteers and staff?
- Recognition and appreciation: Did you feel recognized and appreciated for your volunteer efforts by the organization?
- Volunteer program improvement suggestions: Are there any specific areas where we can improve our volunteer program or enhance the volunteer experience?
- Continued involvement: Would you be interested in volunteering with our organization again in the future?
- Overall recommendation: On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend volunteering with our organization to others?
Succeed with good survey questions
Feedback surveys effectively evaluate customer experiences, gather important insights, and drive continual development. Asking the right questions about user pleasure, usability, and overall experience is critical for producing an effective feedback survey.
In this post, we looked at the key questions to include in feedback surveys to gain useful information. Take action to improve customer satisfaction and optimize your service and product as a result.
Ready to gather valuable insights and improve your data collection? Sign up with Formaloo today to increase satisfaction and achieve your goals with assurance!