Learn the step-by-step process of building your first form with Formaloo. Customize and publish your forms to collect and manage your responses easily.
In this article, we will walk you through the easy process of creating a form using Formaloo.
From the advanced customization options, you can create a highly effective form that meets your specific needs.
Formaloo provides drag-and-drop tools that enable businesses to improve operations quickly without coding.
In this tutorial, we will go to the Formaloos dashboard and describe all the features and options that you can use in your form.
Ready to dive deeper?
Make your first form with Formaloo
You can start by selecting one of Formaloo’s 200+ free-form templates to create the project you have in your mind. Each form has a description; you can choose them based on your needs and customize them.
Online bulletin board
Online donation form
Here, we are going to create our form from scratch. To do this, open your dashboard and click on “Create a Blank form“. Now you can see the editor page and the menu on the left where you can drag and drop to select and add different fields and options to your form.
1- Add title, logo, and description
When you add the title and logo, in the preview of your form, it appears at the top of your form on the left side.
Furthermore, in the description box, add any information about your form or your company for the users.
The title of forms on custom domains adopts the form title. So your form title and favicon change when you set up a custom domain on it. You can customize the form’s favicon by setting the logo and using custom CSS.
Add the following Custom CSS on the “Design” tab of your form:
If you want to bring your title or your logo to the center and add a description to your form, you can do it easily!
Also, in the description box with edit tools, you can remove your logo and insert it inside it. Add a description, change the font, color, and size, and that’s it!
To hide the main title from the top of your form, go to the “Design” tab, and from the left menu, disable “Show Form Title“.
2- Text and Long text field
For text field, you can limit the max number of characters from the left menu.
Using the long text field helps to gather longer text data from users.
3- Different type of question fields
Whit Formaloo, you can use a variety of questions to make your form;
Add your question in the title or the description. also you can add image to the advanced description. For the answers, add the options from the left menu. Here also you can add images to the options. If you enable the “Add other option to field” from left menu,the “Other” option will be added to the answers, so users can write their answers as the last option there.
Here again, you can add the title, description, and images to the question and answers, and also you can set “Min. Selectable Options” and “Max. Selectable Options” for this field from the left menu.
In this field, you can add the options manually, or use the “Bulk Insert” option to insert a list of options there.
Yes / No field
Ready options for answer with yes or no, Just type your question. But, if you want to translate the options or change them, create a single-choice field
Easy and interactive field to collect quick feedback.
Use the matrix field to make multi questions with rows of answers. to delete the title inside the matrix, go to the “Design” tab, and from the left menu, select “Customize more content”, and then choose “Fields related”. Now write your custom text or delete it, and put a space inside the box.
Use this field to have a table of questions with different types of answers such as “Number“, “Text” or “Boolean“.
Score 0-10 field
The score field is typically used for surveys, quizzes, or assessments. It can also be used for NPS (Net Promoter Score) surveys. In NPS surveys, respondents are asked to rate how likely they are to recommend a product or service to others, typically on a scale of 0-10. The responses are then used to calculate a single NPS score, which is used to measure customer satisfaction and loyalty. The “Score” field in Formaloo can easily be customized to include a 0-10 rating scale and calculate the NPS score for each respondent.
You have options to change the look of CSAT field. Basically, this field is perfect to make surveys and collecting feedback from users. This rating field is great for creating custom satisfaction surveys.
4- Most common fields for every form
Typically, those who create various types of forms, whether it be a survey form, a quiz, or a contact form, often use common fields to collect data such as name, email, phone, address, and so on. With Formaloo, building an online form that includes these common fields is quick and easy. Here are some of these fields:
- Email field: This field accepts email format to collect email addresses from the users.
- Phone field: You can set the phone type for mobile phone, landline phone, or both.
- Number field: To collect numbers, use this field. Set the max and min value and also you can set the max number of decimal places from the left menu.
- Date field: From the left menu, change the format of the date, set a default date, or change the selectable range to fixed or dynamic.
- Website field: Use this field to collect website links.
- Time field: To add the time of submission day or ask for a time to select.
- City field: for choosing the city and country from the users.
5- File upload field
The “upload file” field is a powerful feature in Formaloo that allows form builders to collect files from the users. This field can be used for resumes and job applications, product submissions, course assignments, insurance claims, event registration and etc.
The files you collect using this field, take up the storage space of your workspace. And the max size of the uploaded file is up to 100MB and you can restrict it to image, document, or accept both.
6- Page break field
In single-step forms, you can use page breaks to separate questions and sections in your form. So you can add pagination to your single-page forms using the page break field. For example, bring all the information questions on one page, then all the exam questions, and the CSAT field and score field on one page.
7- Video field
With the “video” field in Formaloo, you can add videos to your form to provide additional context or instructions to users as they fill out the form. This field supports YouTube and Vimeo video links.
It can be a helpful feature for providing visual aids or demonstrating a specific process, such as a product tutorial or a how-to guide.
8- Product field
The “Product” field is a powerful feature in Formaloo that allows you to add products to your online order forms or any form for selling products. With this field, you can specify each product’s name, description, quantity, price, and image.
The field also automatically calculates the total price for all selected products, making the payment process smoother. Customers can make purchases easily and securely by connecting the form to a payment gateway. This feature is especially useful for e-commerce businesses that want to sell products or services directly from their website or through online forms.
To change the currency of your products, in your form editor go to the “Calculator” tab. There you can choose the currency of your order form.
9- Signature field
This can be useful for collecting signatures on contracts, agreements, or any other document that requires a signature. Users can sign the form directly on their device using their mouse or touchpad, or by using their finger on a touch screen. The digital signature is then captured as an image and stored securely in the form’s data. This feature eliminates the need for paper documents and simplifies the signature collection process, making it faster and more convenient for both form creators and users.
10- Email verification field
This feature helps to verify the email addresses of your users during the form submission process.
If you make this field “Required”, you can restrict form submission to verifying the email address before submitting.
Learn more about how to verify your audience via email in Formaloo.
This feature is especially useful for businesses that rely on email for communication or marketing, as it helps to ensure that the email addresses collected are accurate and valid.
11- Embed field
Embed external content into your forms, such as YouTube videos, Audio files, social media feeds, or other third-party widgets. By adding external content to your forms, you can provide additional information or context for the users, or even create interactive experiences that keep users engaged.
12- Custom validation field
Use the “Custom Validation” field in your form editor to restrict your audience to enter information in a specific format.
Learn more about how to set customized validation on form fields.
This field allows you to set your own validation rules for specific form fields. This can be useful for ensuring that the data entered by respondents is in the correct format or meets certain criteria.
For example, if you ask for a phone number, a custom validation rule can be set to ensure that the number is in a specific format (such as ###-###-####). Similarly, if you ask for a password, a custom validation rule can be set to ensure that the password meets certain complexity requirements (such as a minimum length or the inclusion of both letters and numbers).
13- Logical-based success pages
You can use the Logic page to direct users to the right success page based on their answers. Use Advanced Logic to define what success page should be shown after submission on the logic page. Learn more about how to show multiple success pages on forms.
Exploring the unique features of Formaloo
- Limit one entry per IP: Enable this feature to restrict users from submitting more than one entry per IP address. This helps prevent duplicate entries or spam submissions from the same IP address, ensuring that the data collected is accurate and reliable. Learn more about prevent duplicate submissions.
- Show tracking code after submitting the form: Tracking codes help your audience and you track the submitted data on your forms. Learn more about how to provide an application tracking code.
- Active from/Active to field: Set a specific start and end date for your form’s availability. This means that the form will only be active and accessible to users during the specified time period. This feature is useful for time-sensitive events or promotions, as it helps ensure that users do not submit entries outside of the designated time frame.
- Redirect URL: settings tab allows form creators to specify a custom URL that users will be redirected to after submitting their form. This can be useful for directing users to a specific landing page, or webpages after they have completed the form submission process. Also, you can redirect users to different URLs using logic.
- Allow partial submits (auto-save): Enable partial submissions to view the unfinished responses of people who start answering the form, answer a few of your questions, and leave. How to save form entries partially as the user is filling out the form.
- Timer: Set a time limit for users to complete their form submission.
- Max Responses: You can also limit your form responses according to your desired number of participants.
- Form with payment: Enable payments and connect your payment method to your form.
- Customizable design: Design your form and customize your form to the next level! The “Design” tab of your form’s editor page gives you lots of opportunities to customize your form’s design. You can change font and color, add a background image, add your logo, or even customize the text on the buttons and messages.
- Multi-step/Single-step/Widget option: Choose between different form formats, depending on your needs. “Multi-step” forms allow for more complex forms to be broken down into smaller sections, making them easier to complete. “Single-step” forms are simpler and allow users to complete the entire form on one page. “Widget” forms can be embedded directly into a website or application, making them more seamless and convenient for users.
- Show form’s title & description on first page: You can show or hide this part and start your form with other fields. You can also enable “Show Form Title” to just show or hide the form title.
- Shuffle fields order: Enable this option to shuffle and randomize the order of the fields in your form. You can also shuffle the options of all fields at once. Learn more about how to randomize the fields.
- Customize more content: In this part, you can customize general texts, related fields, and validation messages of your form.
- Custom CSS: Using the custom CSS, you can customize the look of your form when you can’t make the style changes from the options Formaloo gives you in the “Design” tab. Learn more about how to customize the look of your form. And here you can find the most requested CSS styles you can use.
- Send submitted data to the submitter: Enable this option to send a copy of the submitted data to the user who filled out the form. This can be useful for providing users with a record of their submission, or for confirming that their submission was received successfully.
- Email notification: Get notified when someone responds. To receive an email every time the form gets a new response, go to the “Notifications” tab, turn on the “Send me a notification email for each response” toggle, and enter your email address. Also, you can send custom emails to your form submitters.
More advanced features of Formaloo
- Answer piping: Create interactive and personalized forms with answer piping. Learn more about how you can use it: How to use the answer piping.
- Calculation: With calculation, create an estimate form. Set up a calculator to calculate the total payable amount. and use formulas and variables for different uses.
- URL parameters: You can use URL parameters to pre-fill known data from your audience. Add initial value to your form’s questions with Alias ID, and by adding the hidden field to the CSAT widgets or any form, bring your data and customer analytics to a new level. Learn more about how to pre-populate form questions with some data.
- Lookup: Create relational forms by looking up the submitted data of a form and enabling your audience to select from those. Learn more about how to lookup the submitted data of another form.
- Custom domain: Create a custom domain for all your workspace. You can also activate multiple custom domains in your Formaloo account for each form.
- Two-way sync with Google Sheets: Update data in two systems, your form and your sheet, in real-time. So any data submitted through a form is automatically added to a Google Sheet, and any changes made to the sheet are automatically reflected in the form’s rows. learn more about how to two-way sync your form with Google Sheets.
Publish and share your form
To publish your form, you can add it to your website using different methods like embedded link, iframe, script, widget, or chatbot. You can also send the form URL directly to users. Just copy the code provided by Formaloo and paste it on your website. The form will start working immediately.
View reports and responses in real-time
You can view the responses and reports in real-time as your audience answers the form. This allows you to analyze the data and make plans based on it.
Meanwhile, present your form responses in live presentations. The presentation mode of the forms allows you to present the form responses to the public.
Besides, you can also create an app to categorize and organize the collected data.
learn more about how to build web apps.
From start to finish: Creating a form with Formaloo
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, this article will provide you with the guidance you need to create a professional and efficient form for your users and website.
So get started now and make your customized form today!
If you want to see our app in action, check out our YouTube channel for tutorials and demos.
And If you have any questions, check out Formaloo’s support page to find ways you can contact us.